The Golden Rules
Basic courtesies and rules of engagement
- Always keep to the purpose of the group!
- The group is not a religious or political platform – No arguing, no heated opinions, no fear mongering, no hyped up drama, no fake news. Check sources before you post.
- If you’re lurking in a group chat and ‘seeing’ every message, occasionally respond with something to remove the stalker vibe that inevitably develops.
- Please don’t send in emojis, “thank you”, “eid mubarak” messages. If you feel gratitude towards someone – tell them in a private message.
- Never EVER use a group to berate someone else or air grievances. If you have an issue address it one on one with the relevant person.
- Do not spam the group! Don’t share irrelevant messages about other topics.
- If someone asks a question of a personal nature (like asking for advice) don’t respond if someone else has already answered, or else respond to the person directly in a private.
- If someone asks a question and you don’t know the answer don’t respond with “I don’t know”. Just wait for someone who knows the answer to reply.
- Post your message in one single chunk of text, don’t post every word or sentence in a new message.